CREATIVE, PERSONALIZED T-SHIRTS
Kids can create their own spring fashion lines by using shoe treads to stamp colorful designs onto their tees.
- Con-Tact paper
- Cosmetic wedges or sponge pieces
- Fabric paint
- Create a template from a piece of Con-Tact paper. (Draw your own free-form design or download one.)
- Insert a piece of cardboard between the shirt layers to keep the paint from bleeding through. Remove the paper backing from the template and press it onto
- Using cosmetic wedges or sponge pieces, dab fabric paint onto a clean shoe tread. Practice printing on a piece of paper, then gently press the paint-covered tread onto the shirt, adding more paint and repeating as needed.
- When you are finished painting, wash the bottom of the shoe immediately with soap and water. Let the shirt dry completely before peeling off the template, then wash the shirt according to the paint manufacturer’s instructions.
Source of Project: http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/shirts-with-sole-673925/