Make your Easter extra festive with this 3-D paper egg. The secret to its look is colorful, accordion-folded paper strips.
- Card stock
- Double-sided tape
- Embroidery floss
- Begin by cutting out three identical egg shapes from card stock (ours are 8 inches tall). Crease the eggs by folding them in half lengthwise and opening them back up.
- Cut card stock into strips of varying sizes from 3/4- to 1 1/4-inch wide and 9 to 12 inches long. Accordion-fold the strips so that there’s about one inch between each fold.
- Attach the ends of several strips along one edge of an egg using double-sided tape. Trim the strips so that they make a shallow arc across the egg’s width, then secure the other ends in place.
- When you’ve covered all three eggs, use double-sided tape to join their backs as shown. Between two of the sections, insert a loop of embroidery floss for hanging. Tip: If the strips sag when you hang the egg, peel them off, shorten them, and reposition them.
- Source for Project: http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/pop-up-eggs-841040/